Viewing Videos in the Computer Application
Using the computer application allows you to convert videos taken on your camera and then scroll, zoom in and zoom out while viewing spherical videos on your computer.
- Start the computer application
- Select [File] → [Open] in the menu
- Select a video to view
- The selected video starts playing.
- You can also open files by dragging and dropping them to the computer application window.
- If the file you selected has not been converted (the file name is "R***.MP4")
- A video conversion dialog box is displayed. Select or enter the desired output directory (folder to which to save the converted video) and click [Start].
- Multiple files can be converted at the same time by dragging and dropping files that have not been converted.
- Conversion may take some time depending on conditions such as the length of the video.
- The data file name after conversion is "R***_er.MP4". Videos do not need to be converted again the next time they are viewed. At this time, the video size is either 1920 x 960 or 1280 x 640.
- Meta data that is compatible with the 360 degree video format is added to the converted data. Videos that have meta data added can be shared and viewed as spherical images on YouTube.
- The playback/display screen can be operated as follows:
- Operations with mouse:
- Drag to scroll within a video.
- Zoom in or out using the mouse wheel.
- Operations with keyboard:
- Zoom in by pressing PgUp.
- Zoom out by pressing PgDn.
- Scroll by pressing ←↑↓→.
- A full screen display can be launched by selecting [Display] → [Full Screen]. Press Esc to close the full screen display.
Closing the Video
Select [File] → [Close] in the menu.