Shooting Still Images Using Only the Camera with the Self-timer Function
The following explains the shooting method using the self-timer function.
While pressing the wireless button, press the power button on the camera to turn the power on
- The camera status lamp lights green.
- Place the camera
Press the shutter button to start the self-timer
- Countdown starts and shooting is carries out 5 seconds later.
- During countdown, the camera status lamp flashes green and the countdown sound is heard.
(When the remaining time is less than 2 seconds, flashing is quicker. When flashing is quicker, the countdown sound interval is also shorter.)
- Still images saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a smartphone or computer.
- Still images saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a smartphone.
- The default countdown time is 5 seconds.
- If the shutter button is pressed during countdown, shooting can be done immediately.
(Self-timer is cancelled.)
- To cancel the self-timer, press the shooting mode button.
(If the remaining countdown time is less than 2 seconds, the self-timer cannot be canceled.)
- The countdown sound volume is proportional to the shutter sound volume.
(When the shutter sound is off, the countdown sound is off either.)
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if images/videos are taken when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if the camera is tilted when shooting.
- The shooting mode is limited to still images. (Videos shooting is not allowed.)
- When the self-timer is effective, an electromagnetic compass error cannot be found. (The status lamp of the camera is not lit in red.)
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to shoot. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in green:
- Shooting is possible.
*Except when captured with HDR rendering set as the auto mode.
- Flashing in green:
- Sleep mode (power saving).
- Flashing in red:
- An error has occurred in the camera.
- Shooting is not possible as no more images can be taken/no more time remains. The lamp is also unlit during shooting.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting 5 minutes). Shooting is not possible in the sleep mode. Press the shutter button to enable shooting and then press the shutter button again to shoot a video.
- During sleep mode, the wireless function is turned off and cannot be turned on by pressing the wireless button.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera. In such cases, it is recommended that you calibrate the electromagnetic compass by moving the camera in a figure eight before shooting.
- If no more images can be shot, delete images from the camera.