Shooting Videos Using Only the Camera
This section explains basic methods for shooting videos.
Press the wireless button (A) and power button (B) together to turn on the power of the camera.
Position the camera
- Position the camera as upright as possible.
Press the shutter button
- Press it again to stop shooting.
- The video that is captured is saved in the internal memory of the camera.
- Videos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a computer.
- Videos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a computer.
- Captured videos need to be converted in the RICOH THETA for Windows®/Mac software installed on the computer before they can be viewed.
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if videos are shot when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if the camera is tilted when shooting.
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to shoot videos. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in blue:
- Videos can be shot.
- Flashing in blue (slow):
- Sleep mode (power saving).
- Flashing in blue (fast):
- Shooting is not possible because internal processing is in progress.
- Lit in red:
- An error is occurring in the electromagnetic compass.
- Flashing in red:
- The firmware of the camera is being updated.
- Shooting is not possible as no more time remains. The lamp is also unlit during shooting.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting 5 minutes). Shooting is not possible in the sleep mode. Press the shutter button to enable shooting and then press the shutter button again to shoot a video.
- During sleep mode, the wireless function is turned off and cannot be turned on by pressing the wireless button.
- If the lamp is lit in red, the electromagnetic compass needs to be calibrated. Move the camera in a figure eight until the lamp turns blue.
- Orientation information may not be recorded correctly if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera. In such cases, it is recommended that you calibrate the electromagnetic compass by moving the camera in a figure eight before shooting.
- If no more images can be shot, delete images from the camera.