Taking Photos Using Only the Camera
This section explains basic methods for taking photos.
Turn on the power of the camera
Position the camera
- Position the camera as upright as possible.
Press the shutter button
- The photo that is taken is saved in the internal memory of the camera.
- Photos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be viewed on a smartphone or computer.
- Photos saved in the internal memory of the camera can be deleted using a smartphone.
- An accurate date and time are not recorded if photos are taken when the camera has never been connected to a smartphone.
- Orientation information may not be recorded if the camera is tilted when taking photos.
Some lighting statuses of the camera status lamp show that it is not possible to take photos. Refer to the following and check the status of the camera.
- Lit in blue:
- Photos can be taken.
- Flashing in blue(slow):
- Sleep mode (power saving).
- Flashing in blue (fast):
- Photos cannot be taken because internal processing is in progress.
- Lit in red:
- An error is occurring in the electromagnetic compass.
- Flashing in red:
- The firmware of the camera is being updated.
- No more photos can be taken.
- The camera automatically enters the sleep mode if no operations are performed for a set period of time (default setting 5 minutes). Photos cannot be taken in the sleep mode. Press the shutter button to enable shooting and then press the shutter button again to take a photo.
- During sleep mode, the wireless function is turned off and cannot be turned on by pressing the wireless button.
- If the lamp is lit in red, the electromagnetic compass needs to be calibrated. Move the camera in a figure eight until the lamp turns blue.
- Orientation information may not be recorded if a magnet or other magnetic item is placed near the camera. In such cases, it is recommended that you calibrate the electromagnetic compass by moving the camera in a figure eight before taking photos.
- If no more photos can be taken, delete photos from the camera.